Monday, August 23, 2010

A good pair of socks.


Well almost through the first month of work and I still have yet to see a full weekend since my sojourn into Indiana. And the difference between a good teacher and a bad teacher can be as simple as a good pair of shoes and socks. Through my year and a half of playing WoW I have become very familiar with the term damage mitigation. That is to say, preventing as much damage before it is actually inflicted. With teaching, that is your feet. A good teacher moves around the classroom better than a Romanian gymnast. The consequence of doing that for eight hours is that your feet feel like open sores at the end of the day. So it is very important to have good socks and shoes.

Made an off the wall itunes today, marie laforêt's Marie Douceur/Marie Colère. You may know it best for its appearance in the soundtrack of talledega nights. In its simplest form, it is a french cover of the rolling stone's paint it black. Though that would be only to those who dont know french. (My glare is directed at you,Scott) The song reflects the dual nature of the main character, since this isn't lit class, I think it is safe to say that it is the songstress. There is a polite face that we all tend to wear in public, one that conforms to the rules with which society shackles us. This belies our nature that seeks freedom and rebellion, which is the other side of the coin. Another good song that treats this subject is Billy Joel's the Stranger. When it comes to me, I am just as guilty as anyone else in commiting this charade. We all have our demons, and are reticent to let them be seen by others. In teaching, you wear one persona in the classroom and one as soon as you step off the school grounds. It can be quite maddening if you don't make peace with it early on. I've finally stumbled into a relationship where I don't have to hide those demons, though i usually have to keep them in a crate with the dog.

To slightly embellish on that last part, I have cemented my Labor Day plans. The past few weekends I have been shanghaied by the school administration into working on the school schedule, yet I have let them know that come September 3rd at 3 PM, I am peeling out of Memphis and heading NNE. It's nice to meet someone who's completely honest and not looking to impress anyone. It also helps that she is one of the smartest women I have ever met. Sharing the same vices helps as well, as we arent quick to jump on each other about them. Well ebough of that, gotta be up in under 6 hours.

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus

Dave

Location : Afton Villa Dr, Memphis, TN 38103,

No comments:

Post a Comment